Tuesday 10 November 2009

I was right

Browsing through profiles on the dating website last night, I came across a new one, with no photo, that I hadn't seen before.

I read lots of them. And I have the thing set so that they can see when I visited. Cuz you never know who's out there and if they might be interesting... or interested.

I read this profile and thought to myself... for some reason, this makes me think of a guy I dated for a bit a year ago. The guy who 'wanted to be friends' but who disappeared after saying that and I never heard from him again.

Turns out it is him! He sent me a 'well hello' email today. We emailed back and forth a few times. I KNOW NOW
(oops... damn kitten... jumping on the keyboard...) now know what's been happening since then. Well, a brief synopsis anyway. It's been a bugger of a year for him, that's for sure.

But it was all very friendly and nice to hear from him. I have no idea if it will ever be more than just that - a few emails back and forth - but since I liked him then and was rather perturbed with what happened then, I will let it play out which ever way it's going to go.


And I was just thinking today, as I was driving home, that I was going to delete my profile and be done with the whole damn thing anyway. Now I am kind of glad I hadn't done that!

8 comments:

  1. Sleepless in Canada by any chance hen? The fellas out there do not have a clue as to what they are missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about your experiences.
    When I was 'between partners' I only had those Lonely Hearts pages in the local newspaper.
    Useless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey , good luck second time round , its funny how things work out ie with the dating sight profile , it will be interesting to see where it goes from here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are there just SO many fine ladies in Canadia that the lads can pick and choose like kids in a sweetie shop?

    (And hey, a large font, what mine eyes can see, I know that you did this especially for me!) :¬)

    xxx


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am also hooked on your dating posts... so you can't give up the online dating site!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i live vicariously through you, sugar! i LOVE y'alls dating entries! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it when Lila helps with the postings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jimmy: Sleepless... yes, but for all the wrong reasons. :-\

    Kaz: I've never done the newspaper thing... I guess it's not really done anymore because of the internet. My mum did, though, after she and my dad divorced. Met and married a guy there. So it does work for some!

    Beast: We'll see if anything comes of it... might... might not. Time will tell!

    Map: I know lots of single women... but also lots of single men... I haven't quite figured out why there aren't more matches.

    Your eyes AND mine, hon! xoxoxo

    Scarlet: But what will happen if I actually start seeing someone? I would hate to disappoint you...

    Savannah: Thanks, girlie! Glad I can entertain you! xoxo

    XL: Lila *helps* more than you know... I just tend to backspace and retype a lot. She's even been so rude as to close things on me. With her, you never know when she is going to run and jump on something... or over something. You'd love her - she's just mental but so cute, it's downright silly! :-)

    ReplyDelete

So you have something to say about all this, do you?
Well, let's hear it, then!