Sunday 13 December 2020

Struggling to get through

 We will be receiving a limited number of covid-19 vaccines in my province (enough for 900 people to start), and the government has set up a phone line to make appointments. There are strict criteria for the first candidates: you must be a healthcare worker, work in an acute care setting (hospital), and were born before Dec. 31, 1960. I fit all of these criteria, plus I have to care for covid-positive patients quite regularly. So I have been calling the phone number. It went live yesterday at noon. Yesterday, I dialed the number 114 times. I got through 6 times and was put on hold. Each of those times, after just over 11 minutes, the calls were dropped. I have called the number 16 times so far today and have been on hold twice. So far, this second time, the call has not dropped and I am at 16 minutes!


Fingers crossed, I actually get through this time.


EDIT: I finally got through after being on hold for one hour and 38 minutes. I have my vaccination appointments: Dec. 16/20 and Jan. 7/21. Yay!! I fully expect to feel like crap for a day or two afterwards (normal response to this type of vaccine) but very grateful that we are not waiting the typical 5 - 10 years for a vaccine rollout.

3 comments:

  1. All the very best to you, and your colleagues for helping to keep us all safe.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - 16th - today ! Chances are that you just right now receive the injection with the new wonder drug - I really hope that there are no unwanted effects : ALL the Best for You Ponita ! Tell us how you feel afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

So you have something to say about all this, do you?
Well, let's hear it, then!