Wednesday 16 February 2011

Moderation

A short while back, I noticed a blog spammer had found my blog and was leaving comments on older posts (like from a couple years ago). Over a few days, I noticed also that they were getting closer to the more recent ones, so I activated comment moderation.


And then completely forgot about it and couldn't understand why no one was leaving any comments on the last few posts!!! So this morning, I went to check settings to see if something was amiss.


And it was, but not with blogger... my memory was amiss. I didn't recall I had done this until I saw the long list of comments waiting to be approved! 


So I think I am now going to switch to word verification, because this is obviously too much work! And if I don't remember to look, no one will ever be commenting on here again.


Time to institute the KISS principle... keep it simple, stupid!!!


Sorry for the confusion, folks. :-\

21 comments:

  1. You ARE a silly Git! I was just about to email you cos I tried in vain (again!) to leave a comment last night! :¬)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, ya... I know! *hangs head in shame* But at least I figured it out!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say "Senior moment" but that would be rude.
    Mark it down as scheduling conflict

    ReplyDelete
  4. SF: It's called "meno-brain"... although it is highly annoying right now, everything I have read says the memory will return to its former sharpness once the hormone flucuations settle... in about 10 years' time. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you were hiding from the Mounties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. XL: The Mounties always get their man... and since I am not one of those *looks down top to double check*, they have no idea where to find me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jimmy: At least I admit when I've screwed up.

    And it's so good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hubby calls them "brain farts". :)

    Glad all is well again...although I think we should be able to torture spammers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't noticed and have been happily leaving comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wondered what was going on!
    *waves to Jimmy*

    Sx

    That's my copy and paste technique, btw. ♥♥♥!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Scarls, your looking good doll.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not looking so bad y'self, gorgeous!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope: Yeah, but this flatulence is lasting way too long... ;-)

    Pat: Sometimes oblivion is a good place to be!

    Scarlet: You're cut and paste job is showing up as little boxes... not hearts!

    Jimmy: So when are you going to open up your blog for comments? Or do you just want to schmooze all over Bloggeritaville from now on? Well, whatever you do, I'm just glad you're back amongst us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good grief, look at my grammar! That should be 'your', not 'you're'. I'm hopeless, I tell ya...

    ReplyDelete
  15. whoa! i thought i left a comment here already, sugar! and i also thought i'd left a hello for jimmy, too!
    *sigh* xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Savannah: Nope, nothing had come through from you until now. At least not on this post. Was it a different post you were on, perhaps? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. But I see hearts from here... is this an IE verses Mozilla problem?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I use Google Chrome, Scarlet, so not sure about the IE vs Mozilla thing.

    ReplyDelete

So you have something to say about all this, do you?
Well, let's hear it, then!