Friday 3 February 2012

Pea soup, anyone?

We've been sitting smack dab in the middle of a warm (for us) moist air mass for the past three days.

This means winter fog.

Today is the worst by far. I took the photo below out my fourth floor window at 4:30 p.m. You'd think we were in the middle of a blizzard! But if you look at the bottom left side of the shot you can see some exposed black dirt. We don't have much snow here. It's been a very warm (but I'm not complaining! beats -30 any day!) and dry winter so far. (The farmers will be very unhappy come spring... not enough soil moisture unless we get adequate [and not too much] rain early in the planting season.)

There is a very vague slightly darker grey smudge across the centre of the photo... that is the new fire hall that was just built. It is probably 300 yards from my place. And now, 20 minutes later, I can't see it at all!


And I am supposed to drive to my nephew's house in an hour... I think I will be white knuckling it!



9 comments:

  1. Hope: Normally, it's only about a 7 minute drive. Even if it takes me twice as long as that, it's still short! I just don't want anyone to run into me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy guacamole! I've seen some doozies, but never, thank goodness had to drive in such fog.
    Makes yesterday's reduced visibilty a bit of a joke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy guacamole! I've seen some doozies, but never, thank goodness had to drive in such fog.
    Makes yesterday's reduced visibilty a bit of a joke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes! i think i'd stay in, sugar! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinah: At least it wasn't a long drive!

    Savannah: By 9:00 p.m., it was all gone. Go figure. xoxoxo

    LX: Indeed. That is pretty much next door anyway. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least now we have - comparatively - clean air,
    In the thirties we got thick yellow smog - a death sentence to the old with chest problems.
    Don't got out driving if you can avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You say there's a house in this picture? Sorry ...

    Good to learn that you came back safely, I would avoid driving in this condition.

    ReplyDelete

So you have something to say about all this, do you?
Well, let's hear it, then!