Wednesday 15 November 2017

Mooch

It is a bit wintery here in Central Canada, with snow all over the place and chilly temperatures. It's not horrible, mind you. The daytime highs have been in the minus single digits (Celius, of course). But it gets blustery around here and that means it is time for soup.

Winter is soup weather, right? So I made some today, under the watchful gaze of Frosti. Actually frantic might better describe it. He likes to perch on top of the fridge when I cook and keep a close eye on things. And sometimes I offer him little tidbits of whatever I am making.

And usually he eats whatever I offer him. But not today!!


7 comments:

  1. That's adorable! Maybe some tuna is due on the menu in compensation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frosti often gets bits of what I eat. In fact, he gets pretty pushy sometimes because he thinks he should get all of what I eat!! :-D

      Delete
  2. Ha! Frosti doesn't know what he's missing! More for you to savor! Your soup sounds delicious! And I love soup at any time and in all seasons, even during hot, sweltering summer. In summer, during tomato season, I especially enjoy a hearty helping of tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich.

    But in winter country where y'all live, a warm bowl of delicious, nutritious squash and lentil soup would be most welcoming and comforting. And I agree with LX. I'd give Frosti some tuna or other fish while enjoying the soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww....Frosti is so cute. Pleased he didn't fall off!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ponita,

    I hope that you and your loved ones (including the pets!) are doing well, safe, and fine. Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    -----((*))--
    ------*o*---
    ----*o*o*
    --*o*o*o*o*
    o*o*-]o[-*o*o

    -------[:::]
    ----[8][#][+]
    [>•<].[///].[~*~]

    .*.~•~.*.~•~.*.~•~.*.~•~.*.~•~.*.

    May the Holidays fill y'all with joy, peace, and comfort. And May the New Year bring you good fortune, keep you in good health, and surround you with good food, good company, and good times. Be safe, be warm, and be happy. Cheers and Best wishes to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas for you Ponita, and Frosti and the other two cool cats !

    ReplyDelete

So you have something to say about all this, do you?
Well, let's hear it, then!